*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you looking to save $20, $50 or $100 or more?
Whether it be saving money on groceries, the electric bill or just on entertainment, saving money on anything is a bonus in today’s economy. We have compiled a list of ten super easy ways to start saving money today.
It is time to put money back into your wallet and start saving.
10 Easy Ways To Save Money:
- Start using a budget. You will be surprised how much money you will find once you start using a budget. You can learn more about budgeting here.
- Use coupons while grocery shopping. You can find some great printable coupons on the Ultimate Printable Coupon Source.
- Start using a meal plan. Meal planning is an amazing time and money saver. You can learn more about meal planning and receive free information here.
- Opt for meatless meals, rice and beans or breakfast for dinner in order to save money
- Learn to say “No”. No is a powerful money saving word to use with ourselves and our family.
- Stop eating out. Restaurant meals are expensive plain and simple. Start cooking at home.
- Plan a cheap date with your partner. You can still spend quality time together without breaking the bank.
- Look for budget friendly family entertainment. You can have fun without spending your whole pay check.
- Turn it off. Turn off the lights, unplug the electronics you aren’t using. Cancel the cable or landline. Turn off what you don’t really need.
- Do it yourself. Make your own household cleaners, diy your own gifts, cook from scratch, mend and repair your items.
Saving money is easy you just need to do the work. The first time we did our budget I was surprised how much money we were spending on eating out. We cut back on the eating out and started using a meal plan and I was amazed at the money we started saving. Learning to say “no” was hard for me but it has saved me $100’s in the long run and to be honest saying no to more stuff has been great. Cheap dates and budget friendly family entertainment are the way to go when you are trying to pay down debt and live more frugally. You don’t need to spend loads of money to have fun. Even during vacation time search around you can have an amazing time without blowing the budget.
Look at what you are spending your money on. Can you cut back on a few things? Pack a bag lunch, opt for homemade coffee instead of a latte. Walk to work or carpool. How can you save money and make your budget work?
Have a great day everyone.