*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking to jump start your savings?
Are you looking for easy ways to save money? Easy ways to decrease the cost of things you are already doing? Think about it would it be nice to save some money and still enjoy life?
You can live well on less and save money.
Below you will find 10 easy ways to help you save $100 in a week. What would you do with an extra $100 or more?
10 Easy Ways To Save $100 In A Week
1. Make and bring your coffee from home. Think about it if you buy a lattè everyday that is approximately $5 a day for coffee multiply that by Monday to Friday and if you brought coffee from home you would save $25 in a week.
2. Make and bring your lunch to work. If you go out for lunch Monday to Friday you spend approximately $15 on food and drinks. If you brought lunch from home and brown bagged it you would save $75 in a week. Multiply that $75 by the number of working adults in your house and think of the money saved.
3. Skip on eating out as a family this week and have a family dinner in night. The average family of four will spend approximately $50-$80 on a casual sit down restaurant meal. Skip the eating out and make homemade tacos or pizza or have an appetizer meal party.
4. Scale back the expensive entertainment and save money. The average dinner and a movie for two people on a Friday night will run $85 -$100. Plan a no spend weekend and enjoy the evening at home together.
5. Groceries are expensive save money by cutting coupons. You can find coupons online here. If you cut coupons for this weeks grocery trip on average you will save $10-$15.
6. During your grocery shopping opt to use store brand items not brand name items. You will save on average $0.5-$1.00 per item when you opt for the generic brand. This amount may seem low but when you multiply it by the number of items in your cart it can really add up.
7. Skip the grocery store this week and eat what you have at home. Meal plan, work with what you have. Cut back on food waste and use your left overs.
8. Opt to car pool or ride your bike or take public transport to and from work or school. Think of the money your will save on gas and parking fees.
9. Save your change. Most people pay with plastic. Try paying with cash this week and keep the change. Dump all your change into a jar and save it. Paying for items with cash will make you more aware of your spending and will automatically make you question your spending habits and save money. Saving your change is a way of adding up the extra.
10. Learn to say No. Having the will power and the frugal mindset will help you save money.
How much will you save this week?
If you choose two or three of the items above to help you save money this week how much would you save? If I chose to bring my coffee to work, pack a lunch, skip family meal night out and skip the dinner and movie date night I would save approximately $250 this week. And by saving this it doesn’t mean I am live without. I would pack my coffee to go, I would brown bag my lunch, we would probably have family taco night and my husband and I would do a cheap date night of cup and conversation, homemade chocolate desserts and movies on the couch. Honestly, getting all that and saving $250 doesn’t sound to bad to me.
How will you save money this week?
Let me know send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me how you are switching things up and saving money this week.
Have an amazing day.
Saving & Simplicity