Let’s face it beauty can be expensive.
With all the advertisements trying to sell you this lotion and that potion, telling you it will do this and tighten that. Have you seen the price tags on some of these items? You need to get a second job to pay for all the stuff they want us to slather on our bodies in the name of beauty.
Don’t get me wrong I am all for looking pretty and dressed up. I just don’t believe it should break the bank.
Are you looking to save money on your beauty routine?
These 10 Frugal Beauty Secrets will have you looking beautiful for a fraction of the cost. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.
- Olive oil is a great conditioning mask for your hair. Massage a few drops into your hair before bed cover with a towel and washout in the morning. If wearing a towel to bed doesn’t work you can place a towel on your pillow to soak up any extra oil.
- Coconut oil is by far the best natural body lotion for dry skin. Massage small amounts of coconut oil into your rough heels and dry skin. The results will be great. You can learn more money saving uses for coconut oil here.
- Baking soda is a great addition to the frugal beauty routine. You can use baking soda in homemade toothpaste and homemade deodorant. You can also use baking soda in a soaking bath to reduce skin redness. I have also used baking soda as a face scrub, but please note it is abrasive. You can learn more about all the frugal things you can do with baking soda here.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is by far the best natural toner ever. When stored in the refrigerator it will help cool, as well as, tone the skin.
- Water is great for your body and your beauty. Your body is made up of 60% water. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day will help flush out impurities and toxins. Put down the pop and drink a glass of water, your body will thank you.
- Sugar mixed with olive oil or coconut oil makes a great facial and body scrub to remove all the rough edges and dry skin.
- Oatmeal, avocados and bananas all make great face masks. Do you have dry to normal skin try mashing up an avocado or banana and massage into your facial area avoiding the eyes. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse well. If you have oily to normal skin mix oatmeal with water to make a paste, brush on your face and leave for 5 minutes and rinse well.
- Cucumbers and used tea bags are great to treat puffy tired eyes. Simple place slices of cucumber or cold soaked used tea bags over eyes and get some rest and relax. The cucumber and tea bags will help reduce the puffiness, redness and circles under and around the eye area.
- Aloe vera is a must in my frugal beauty routine. I use it everyday as a moisturizer and body lotion. It helps to reduce redness, it is a great moisturizer and it firms. You can purchase an aloe vera plant and use the juice from the leaves or you can buy aloe vera lotion or juice from your grocery store. Aloe vera juice is a great drink as well providing nutrients to your digestive system and whole body.
- Exercise and eating well are great for looking and being healthy. Spend 30 minutes a day going for a walk or a run or playing catch with your kids and your body will thank you. Fixing heart healthy meals will promote beauty from the inside out. Increasing your natural oil (nuts, olive oil and coconut oil) intake will help with dry skin, decreasing inflammatory foods will help decrease muscle aches and skin redness.
Your beauty routine shouldn’t break the bank and you should feel beautiful always. These 10 frugal beauty tips will help you save money and look beautiful any time of day.
Have a great day everyone.