*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Home is where the heart is. It is also where I love to spend my time.
Between commuting and work and the time they draw, I honestly love to spend time at home with my family. I love sitting around the dinner table catching up on each others daily activities. Playing in the yard, walking the dog. Home is honestly where my heart is, with my family.
Home is also a place where expenses can rise and play a toll on activities and funds. When you are working at debt reduction and trying to get a head saving money even on the little things is important.
If you are new to the debt reduction plan and saving money checkout these 7 money books that can help you reach your goals. These books have made a world of difference in our lives.
10 Of My Favorite Ways To Save Money At Home:
- Brew your own coffee and bring it with you in a travel mug. I love coffee and I think one of our best investments was a great coffee maker and travel mugs. We save approximately $100 a month by simply making our own.
- Cooking from scratch. Invest in a good meal plan, quality ingredients and skip the drive thru. I firmly believe that a good meal plan can save you time and money.
- Find ways to cut down on your household expenses.
- Cutting down on the things you buy. You can live well with less.
- Invest in energy saving appliances, light bulbs and more.
- Stop trying to impress the Joneses. Don’t be house poor. Invest in a house that suits your needs.
- Utilize a budget. Manage your finances. Give every dollar a job.
- Invest in yourself and your family. Knowledge is power invest in your future. Purchase books and programs that invest in you and save you money and time.
- No spend weekends can be amazing.
- Downsize, cut the junk. You can live well with less. Frugal living is the best way to save money.
If you are looking to get ahead and learn more about debt reduction, budgeting may be your solution. Learning to live more frugally and cut our costs has helped us get ahead. It has also helped us to enjoy life more.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity