This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Summer is just around the corner and Saving and Simplicity has compiled a list of 10 summer must haves for families with children.
Summer is about relaxing, sleeping in, traveling, family time, water play, picnics and much more. We did our research into what is cool, practical and economical to have on hand this summer.
10 Summer Must Haves For Families With Children
- Water Balloons are always great during the summer. Water Balloons by Captain Splash – Fill A Big Bunch Of 148 Water Bomb Balloons Per Minute Super Fast And Easy – Self Sealing, No Tie. I can’t wait to try these at one of our summer parties.
2. The perfect beach bag to carry all your towels, toys and snacks is a must.Relefree Sand Away Beach Bag Portable Tote carries all your gear and leaves the sand at the beach, almost no gritty mess to clean up when you get home.
3. Sunscreen is a must during the summer time.Banana Boat Kids Tear Free Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 60. This small travel size works great for grab and go and fits into your purse or backpack with ease. Follow instructions and reapply as needed.
4. Side walk chalk has taken on a whole new artistic edge with ALEX Toys – Sidewalk Mandala with (6) Jumbo Chalks. Your child can make beautiful art mandala’s on your patio or concrete.
5. Water guns are always fun during the summer months. Minimal on cost but lots on fun Stream Machine 810038 17-Inch CSG X4 Water Gun, Various Colors
6. What is summer without popsicles? With these great molds you can blend and freeze your own juice or smoothie mixes.Moonguiding 4 Frozen Popsicle Molds
7. Whether you are camping, fishing, relaxing on the beach or in the back yard the must have item is the CAMTOA Inflating Camping Sleeping Pad
8. Outdoor sports during the summer are a great way to run off extra energy and build team spirit. Triumph Sports USA Five Game Combo is great it contains horseshoes, volleyball, badminton and more. Something for everybody.
9. Picnics in the park can be a great family experience. Pack your homemade lunches and snacks in this great Picnic Time Pranzo Insulated Lunch Tote
10. Shelter from the sun is a must have during the hot summer months. This portable pop up shelter can be taken to the lake, the beach and to backyard picnics. Creative Lightweight Easy Up Sun-Shelter
Whether you are headed to the water park, camping or relaxing in the backyard this summer I hope you have an amazing time.