*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
When you work outside the home between the commute, the wardrobe, meals and more it can get expensive.
We work to make money. Some of us work because we truly love our jobs. But working outside the home does have its down falls and its costs. I think the biggest cost I find is time and all that it includes. My commute, the gas fees, the time that other things could be getting done. But these are the costs of living in one city and commuting to another for employment.
What is your biggest expense at work or for work?
Do you have to buy a certain wardrobe for your job? Do you need certain tools? Do you have to buy lunch for clients? Do you travel for work? Do you have to pay fees?
Each one of us spends money to make money. Whether that be gas or lunch or purchasing supplies. Below you will find ten tips to help you decrease these costs and save some money.
10 Ways To Save Money At Work:
- Brown bag your lunch
- Bring coffee from home
- Carpool/bike to work
- Skip the vending machine and pack snacks
- Don’t shop while at work
- Take advantage of company buying programs: gas discounts, medical programs and investment programs
- Utilize your employee discount on purchases and programs
- Use your workplace education programs to advance your career and education
- Utilize your time wisely – bank your vacation time, your overtime and invest wisely
- Take advantage of the benefits your company offers such as family programs, medical and etc.
Save yourself money at work and get ahead.
Does your workplace offer courses? If they do take them. Education can be expensive. Invest in yourself and your future take courses that help further your interests and your career. Does your workplace offer a mentoring program?
Does your workplace offer investment programs? Do they match your retirement contributions? If they do these offers may save you money and help make you money in the future.
Does your workplace help pay for wardrobe and tools required? If they do utilize the service and save yourself some money.
If you are tired of the 9-5 and the commute you do have options.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity