What are you thankful for this year?
Every year as Thanksgiving approaches I ask my son what he is thankful for? I usually get a list including Mom, Dad, our pet and a toy. Then we have a discussion about being thankful for family, shelter, food and health. Being thankful and stating what you are thankful for is important. As a Mom I think stating what you are thankful for brings real meaning to what is important and valued.
I am thankful for you.
I am thankful for you my readers and the huge impact you make on the people around you. You are Moms, Dads, Sons and Daughters all making a difference in another’s life. I congratulate all of you and wish you an amazing Thanksgiving.
I am also thankful for learning how to save money.
Just over a year ago we started our debt free journey and learning to save was a huge portion of this new journey. You can read more about my story here. Once you set the mindset to live more frugally you realize the numerous ways to save money. Checkout these 450+ ways to save to save money , you can start saving today.
Thanksgiving can be expensive.
During Thanksgiving most families will get together with friends and extended family for a huge dinner and festivities. This can get expensive. With the cost of food, table settings, beverages, entertainment for the kids and etc. The cost for hosting Thanksgiving dinner could be huge….. Here are 10 easy ways to save money this Thanksgiving and still have your amazing meal and time with family and friends without breaking the bank.
10 Ways To Save Money This Thanksgiving:
- Set a budget for your meal.
- Throw a potluck and get everyone to bring a dish for the meal.
- Use the food you have on hand. Change up the recipes to use what you have in the pantry.
- Shop the sales leading up to Thanksgiving. Turkeys and various vegetables will go on sale about two weeks before the holiday.
- Keep the decorations simple. Don’t go over board on the places settings and centerpiece. Be crafty and use what you have. Checkout these frugal centerpieces.
- Go for simple. Buffet style, casual entertaining focus on the family.
- Opt for an alcohol free event and save the cost.
- Use your left overs. Pack turkey sandwiches for lunch or checkout some of these yummy recipes for turkey dinner left overs.
- Keep your turkey bones. You can make bone broth and soup base from your turkey left overs.
- Make a homemade meal and save money. I have noticed more prepackaged turkey dinner meals advertised from restaurants at high prices this year than any previous year. Save yourself the money and make a homemade meal for Thanksgiving.
I wish you and your family an amazing Thanksgiving full of happiness.