Taking a break from the everyday and relaxing is important for everyone. You can plan an amazing holiday while staying on budget and still have a great time.
Here are some money saving tips to help you plan your holiday:
- Book your holiday well in advance
- Fly on cheaper flight days Tuesday thru Thursday ( you could save $100’s)
- Book a hotel room with a fridge to store breakfast foods and snacks
- Opt for a hotel room with a kitchenette and make some of your meals instead of eating out (you could save $50-$60 a day)
- Use cash for your spending money, have a budget and work within it
- Look in to Airbnb in the area you will be vacationing or other home share programs to save on accomodations
- Look into kids eat free restaurants
- Order tourist information and local coupons before you travel
- Check for travel and entertainment deals online Groupon, LivingSocial, Hotwire.com
- Travel to an all inclusive resort and save on some entertainment and food
- Consider if you are able last minute travel deals. This works if you are able to travel whenever and where ever. The deals can be pretty good.
- Travel in the off season or before or after holiday periods
- Travel like the locals do, eat and play where they do. You may get a more “real” tourist experience and save money at the same time
- Consider planning a joint holiday with friends and splitting costs
- Consider planning a staycation and save
Whatever you do and where ever you go I am sure it will be great. There are amazing holidays out there for every budget.