*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Who are thrifty people and what can they teach us?
Thrifty people are families, singles and couples who have this saving, frugal living thing mapped out and understood. They are people who pass on the extras and live below their means so they can afford to live like no one else.
23 Lessons I have learned from thrifty people:
- Use a budget
- Get out of debt
- Don’t buy it till you can afford it
- Grow your own food
- Make your meals
- Use a meal plan
- Use cash envelopes
- Don’t be house poor
- Entertainment can be simple and free
- Shop smart
- Use it, mend it, re-purpose it
- Choose simple
- Use coupons and promos
- Look for freebies and deals
- Do It Yourself
- Save for a rainy day
- Work hard and apply your skills
- Leverage what you have
- Be content, enjoy a simple life
- Skip the extras and make do
- Quit keeping up with the Joneses
- Stop comparing yourself to others
This list is just the tip of the amazing lessons I have learned in my journey to frugal living. Anyone can live frugally and save.
Have an amazing day.