This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Who couldn’t use an extra $25, $100 or and extra $1000 to put towards their goals. Here are some amazing ideas to get you closer to where you want to be.
- Sell stuff. Take count of what you have and place the items you don’t need on craigslist, eBay or hold a yard sale.
- Mow lawns. Grab you yard tools and offer your yard maintenance skills to your neighbors.
- Paint. Lots of people hate painting and are more than willing to pay someone else to paint walls.
- Run errands. In this busy world we live in people are willing to pay someone to run the dry cleaning and pick up items. People make good money doing this.
- Mystery shopping. Check your local listings for mystery shopping offers. Make money while you shop.
- Walk the dogs. Offer to walk the neighbors dogs or scoop the poop to make some extra coin. The pooches will love you.
- Become a tutor. Check with your local school district or online for jobs. If you are great in a subject share you skill and encourage learning.
- Cleaning. People are willing to pay people to clean the insides and outsides of their homes. Washing cars can also bring in extra money
- Sell your crafts or baking or preserves at the local farmers market or craft fair.
- Become a Coach. Are you great at fitness, sports or possess a skill you can instill in others?
- Amazon. Sell your goods new and used on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca
- Pet sitting. Offer to pet sit the neighbors animals while they are away.
- House/Room Rentals. AirBnB type websites offer up great alternatives to hotel stays for visitors. Got an extra room you, can make some money.
- Fiverr. What would you do for $5. People on Fiverr offer up logo design, web design skills, editing and more for $5 a session.
- Babysitting. Offer to watch your friends children or offer your babysitting services at your local school or church.
- Cook. Are you great in the kitchen? Offer to make dinners for people in your area. Charge a fee for your healthy meals.
- Make sauces, soups and spice mixes and sell them at your local farmers markets and online.
- Do you garden? Offer up your gardening service to your community. Teach people to grow their own food.
- Sell your produce. Did your garden provide more than you need sell the extra to your friends and neighbors.
- DIY. Is there something you are amazing at? A skill people say they wish they had. Sell your skills or the products of your labour.
- Are you a trained professional? Offer up your services on the side during your off hours.
- Make money online. Start a blog, take surveys, write an e-book or sell items online.
- Rent your stuff. Do the neighbors ask to borrow your stuff? Charge a small fee for the rental.
- Rent out your yard. If you have the space rent out a section of your yard for storage.
- Become a consultant. Do you know lots about weddings, organization, health, photography? Offer up your services.
There are many, many ways to make extra money offline and online. Think about the skills you have or the tools at your disposal. Do your friends ask you to bake cakes or always compliment something you do? Leverage what you have and sell it. Let your friends and neighbors know you are offer your services or selling your items for a fee. Put up posters or business cards at the local coffee shop. Who knows your side job may turn into more than just a side gig. Have an amazing day and harness your skills.