This post may contain affiliate links.
Single income families rely on smart budgeting and smart saving.
Most stay at home Moms are members of single income families and have chosen to stay at home and care for their families. This means they need to be smart about money. Budgeting a single income to cover all bills, savings and debt is required and important.
Also important is finding ways to save money and stretch the current resources.
How do you stretch a single income and cover everything? How do you save money? Where do you find ways to save money on a single income? Below you will find 25 ways stay at home Moms save money. Whether you are a stay at home Mom or Dad or a working parent feel free to try these money saving ideas.
Please note that one frugal idea may work for one family, but it may not work for another. Try the money saving ideas that work for your family.
25 Ways Stay At Home Moms Save Money
- Cooking all meals from scratch
- Meal planning meals
- Shopping with grocery lists
- Shopping sales and using coupons
- Shopping vintage and thrift stores first
- Planning no spend weekends
- Grow your own food
- Shop local
- Eating rice and beans
- Learn to cook frugal meals
- Learn to save the seasonal produce bounty
- Learning to do your own repairs
- Sewing it, mend it, repair it
- Stockpile your resources
- Learn to budget
- Set goals and implement plans
- Research big ticket items for sales
- Start a loose coin jar and save money
- Use store point cards to your saving advantage
- Plan your trips out to save on gas
- DIY your gifts
- Learn to make homemade cleaners
- Learning to say “NO”
- Learning to live without
- Learning to live with less
These are 25 simple ways to save money as a Stay at Home Mom. These are not the only ways to save money either. As I write this bartering comes to mind. Can you barter or exchange babysitting or cooked meals with a neighbor. You both end up winning and you both end up saving money.
In order to save money and get by and succeed on one income you need to be smart about your choices, wise about your frugality and strong about your convictions.
Have an amazing day.