*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post contains affiliate links.
Baking soda is an amazing addition to a frugal money saving kitchen.
It is more than just a baking ingredient or fridge deodorizer. It will save you money and it is cheap to buy!
This is one of my favorites Arm & Hammer Baking Soda-4LB . The large quantity at a cheap price allows for lots of money saving options.
Checkout these 35 amazing ways to use baking soda around your home and in your health care regime.
- Deodorize the carpet. Mix baking soda with a few drops essential oils, sprinkle on the carpet and vacuum up.
- Make a surface scrub by sprinkling a small amount of baking soda on a cloth and add water. Scrub tiles, sinks or tubs and rinse clean.
- Add to your dish water. Add a sprinkle of baking soda to your dish water to help cut food grease and aid in cleaning.
- Clean and freshen the microwave. Sprinkle a sponge with baking soda, lemon juice and water and scrub your microwave clean. Rinse and wipe dry.
- Polish your silverware using a baking soda water combination
- Clean your BBQ grill. Sprinkle on soda, spray with water, let sit. Rinse and wipe clean.
- Boost your laundry freshness by adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry solution.
- Want cleaner cloth diapers soak them in a baking soda water bath before you launder them.
- Add baking soda to a glass jar and place in refrigerator to deodorize.
- Add baking soda to the bottom of your trash can to cut the smells.
- Mop your tile floors with a baking soda water combination.
- Does your garburator stink? Add baking soda and ice, turn on the water and run to clean.
- Add baking soda to your dishwasher to cut the smell.
- Freshen your linen closet by adding a box of baking soda mixed with lavender essential oils.
- Freshen your pets litter box by adding a sprinkle of baking soda before adding new litter to the box.
- Freshen that smelly gym bag with a sprinkle of baking soda.
- Extinguish grease and kitchen fires with baking soda. Note: call the fire department in case of all fires.
- Keep your flowers fresh by adding a 1/2 tsp or baking soda to the vase water.
- Wash your produce in a baking soda bath and rinse clean.
- Keep the ants away with a salt and baking soda combo. Sprinkle where needed.
Body & Health Care
- Relax after a hard day by adding baking soda and essential oils to your bath water.
- Soak your tired feet in a tub of warm water, baking soda and peppermint essential oils.
- Make homemade toothpaste by combining baking soda and coconut oil.
- Add baking soda to your morning facial routine in a scrub. Use 2 parts baking soda to 1 part water, scrub and rinse clean.
- Treat bug bites with a paste of baking soda and water.
- Add a sprinkle of baking soda to a glass or water and swish in your mouth to freshen your breath.
- Make homemade deodorant using baking soda and other household ingredients.
- Baking soda in water as a drinkable antacid.
- Use baking soda as a dry shampoo and follow with an apple cider rinse.
- Sun burn relief, soak in a mild soda and water bath to relieve sun burn side effects.
- Whiten your teeth by applying a baking soda and water paste to your teeth.
- Balance your bodies pH using baking soda.
- Neutralize your stomach acid and upset tummy by adding tsp of baking soda to your drinking water.
- Soothe psoriasis with a baking soda and water bath.
- Clean your dirty combs and hair brushes in baking soda water solution.
35 Great economical uses for baking soda that will save you time and money.