This post contains affiliate links.
Are you a stay at home Mom or Dad?
I congratulate you in making the decision to be a stay at home parent.
It is a decision that doesn’t come lightly in the current economy. Most stay at home Mom’s or Dad’s are doing so to raise children or to help out more on the home front while the other spouse works.
Living on one pay check can be hard for some families, especially larger families. Creating a way to bring in extra money while still being able to stay at home and raise your children is a blessing.
I have researched the side hustle, side job market looking into great legit ways you can make money while still being at home and I have come up with 50 amazing side hustles that will add more money to your wallet. Creating jobs for the stay at home Mom or Dad. You can still be at home and raise your children while making an income.
50 Great Side Hustles For The Stay At Home Mom or Dad:
- Childcare – Offer to take in a friends children a few days a week or over the summer months to make extra income.
- Get paid to shop – Do you do most of your shopping online why not make money doing it with Ebates and Swagbucks.
- Teach online or at nights – Do you have a skill that someone needs? Offer to teach a few times a month to bring in extra money.
- Etsy – Do you create amazing crafts or products? Sell them online and make money doing something you enjoy.
- Cook – Are you good in the kitchen? I have friends who bake and cook meals, take and fill orders and make a pretty good side income.
- Blog – Do you love writing? Do you want to inspire and teach? You can create a money making blog in minutes checkout How To Start A Blog – Tips For The Beginner
- Mystery Shop – Look into legit companies in your area. I have heard Trendsource is a good company.
- Gardener – Can you teach, show or help someone grow their own food?
- Handyman (or woman) – Are you good with tools? Do the neighbors ask for your help or advise? Offer your services for a fee.
- Sell items on Amazon – Learn from The Selling Family how they have made six figures selling online.
- Photographer – Do you enjoy taking photos? You can sell them online to stock photo sites or try your hand at doing family photo shoots.
- Consultant – Were you a professional before you were a stay at home Mom or Dad? Try offering your services back to your industry as a consultant. Make your own hours.
- Pet Sitter – Everyone loves their pets and wants them to be safe. Offer to watch the neighbors pets while you are at home.
- Freelance Writer – Writers can work from home offering their services to magazines, blogs or other publications to make money.
- Virtual Assistant – Do you know your way around WordPress, social media and the office? You could become a virtual assistant.
- Web Designer – People will pay others good money to set up websites and blogs.
- Sell stuff – Declutter the house and have a garage sale. Get rid of a few toys, books, odds and ends and make some good money.
- Clean houses – Pick a day or time and help clean someones house, this could become a regular biweekly side job.
- Mow lawns – Offer to mow your neighbors lawn while your mowing yours. Save them the job and make some money, its a win-win.
- Throw Selling Parties – Be a Tupperware, clothing, essential oils, home party consultant. There are many companies out there that work with stay at home parents to make extra income.
- Rent out a room – Do you have an extra suite or room in your home you can rent out? Look into Airbnb for creating a vacation rental income.
- Craiglist or Ebay – Buy it and resell it. Your options are limitless.
- Write an ebook – Are you an expert on a topic? Write about it and sell it.
- Fiverr – Can you design, can you write? Fiverr is an online market place for people who can create digital products.
- Uber – Become a driver. Drive locals and tourists around when it works with your schedule.
- Tax help – Are you good with numbers? During tax season get acquainted with the latest tax software and help others submit their taxes for a fee.
- Instagram Marketer – Do you love fashion? People are making a great income on Instagram through the power of pictures.
- Property Manager – Hire maintenance crews to mow lawns and do work around properties you get paid to manage.
- Freelance Editor – Offer your services online to edit others work and get paid.
- Refurbisher – Do you love to work with old furniture or electronic? Fix them up and resell them for a profit.
- Personal Fitness Trainer – Do you have a fitness background? Schedule a Mommy & Me class. Bring the kids, get some exercise and make some money.
- Yoga Instructor – Train to be a kids yoga instructor and offer classes in your home. This is in high demand in our area.
- Hair Stylist – Cut, style, blow dry your way into more money from home.
- Make-up Artist – Are you good with make-up offer your services for weddings and parties.
- Clothing Mender – Can you sew? Take in others clothes mend them or tailor them and make some money.
- Home Laundry – Take in others laundry for a fee. College students and factory workers are more than willing to drop off and pay someone to do their laundry for them.
- Wedding Planner – Help someone plan their special day for a fee.
- Party Planner – Plan corporate or family parties for a fee.
- Professional Organizer – Do you love to organize? Believe me people will pay you to help them spring clean and organize their homes.
- Home Stager – Are you great with decorating? People are willing to hire home stagers to help them sell their homes.
- Rent out your stuff – Do you have a great selection of DVDs or tools? Rent them out and make money.
- Coach – Coach your kids sports teams or coach something you are good at and make money.
- Real Estate Consultant – Work your own hours and help others sell their homes.
- Recipe Maker – Are you good in the kitchen? Sell your recipes online, create a blog or create a cookbook. Create an income.
- Make Youtube videos – There are individuals out there ranging from kids to adults that make great incomes off Youtube through ads.
- Invest – Invest your money online through various websites and make an income.
- Teach an after school class – Care for your children and offer a class they will enjoy, make friends and earn an income.
- Couponer – Teach others to save money.
- Build Models & Remote Controls – Are you good with models and electronics? Build them and sell them. My husband has done this and done well.
- Affiliate Marketing – Earn money by promoting others products and services.
The sky is the limit on side hustles and what you can do from home.
Look at what you are good at, what your skills are, what you are interested in? What are you trained to do? How much time do you have to work? Is it a job you are going to be able to set time aside to do? Do you need a job you can work alongside your children and do? Do you need a job you can squeeze in here and there? How many hours do you want to work? How much money do you need to make? These are all relevant questions when you consider a side job or side hustle especially when you are a stay at home Mom or Dad.
I have quite a few friends and family that have ventured into the side hustle market for much needed extra cash. A friend rents one of her out buildings for income, another takes photographs, another sells amazing jewelry online, one family member moves just about anything to make an income, we have a personal trainer in the family and a caterer.
My side hustle is blogging. I have found that it works with my schedule and I can write about subjects that interest me and I am constantly learning.
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I have created a super easy tutorial that will help you start How To Start A Blog – Tips For The Beginner. Bluehost is offering blog hosting starting at $3.95 per month (this low price is available only through my link). If you are looking to start a money making blog my suggestion is to use a self hosted WordPress Platform. Self hosted is essential if you want to monetize your blog as you will appear more professional to your future clients, advertisers and readers. You can easily learn to blog, set up a professionally looking website for cheap and make money at the same time. You could be creating your new money making blog today, checkout How To Start A Blog – Tips For The Beginner.
I wish you an amazing day and the best of luck with your future side hustles and income ideas.