This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
You can make the world an better place! Even if you are on a budget!
This week I have been on the receiving end of a great act of kindness. This week the check engine light came on in my vehicle and I am like two left hands when it comes to vehicles. I was able to get it to the garage and they were able to squeeze me in and get it fixed even though they had a full slate for the day. Yes, I had to pay for the service but they could have told me to come back another day. I am taking this act of kindness as a blessing since my husband is away at work and between juggling home school, office work and getting people to and from places I am in need of my vehicle. It was a small act but it made my day and believe me I was stressing as I drove the vehicle to the garage with the engine light flashing at me.
Have you ever paid it forward? Done something nice for a stranger?
I love the coffee line acts of kindness. You buy a coffee or tea for the person behind you in the drive thru. They never know who you are as you drive off, but you know you have made their day a bit brighter and they get to enjoy a FREE coffee or tea.
Life is busy but ….
I know your life is busy and you need to be here, here and here and get this, that and so and so. But you still have time! You still have time to make someone smile, to show some grace, to inspire a movement of kindness.
No matter the size of your bank account you can still inspire and show kindness. To be honest frugal kindness is amazing! It is the small things that mean the most!
Take a step towards a kinder world, take a step towards a kinder community, take a step towards kindness!
I challenge you to 10 acts of kindness over the next two months. Believe me this is not a huge task. You could do ten acts of kindness in a week. Your acts could be big, they could be small, they could be complicated or simple. You decide! They could be 10 of the suggestions below or they could be 10 of your own ideas.
Get out of your house, out of your office and smile at a stranger, help someone in need, show grace and make a difference in the world. You are the start of something great! If you want to share your ten acts of kindness list them below in the comments or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) I would love to hear how you are changing the world.
52 Frugal Acts Of Kindness:
- Buy a stranger coffee
- Make freezer meals for a new family
- Give a community tour to new residents
- Donate to the food bank
- Teach a free class at your church or community center
- Make sandwiches for the homeless
- Offer to volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Offer to read to the elderly
- Leave happy notes on community bulletin boards
- Volunteer at your local hospital
- Send a nice note to a friend
- Collect used pop containers and donate the money to charity
- Offer to make a sick friend soup
- Offer free babysitting to a friend
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Smile at a stranger
- Open a door for those in need
- Fundraise for a charity
- Sponsor a family during the holiday season
- Buy or pick flowers to brighten someone’s day
- Help someone who is struggling with their groceries
- Leave a gift for your mail carrier
- Draw happy notes and pictures on the sidewalk with chalk
- Start a take a book, leave a book box in your local park
- Organize a neighbourhood picnic
- Drop off coffee and donuts at the local fire station
- Rake a neighbors leaves
- Donate used books and dvd’s to your local hospital
- Take bake goods to your teacher
- Shovel snow from driveways
- Send thank you cards
- Tell your family you love them
- Leave nice notes in your children’s lunches
- Donate coats and blankets to those in need
- Offer to help a parent in need
- Fill a parking meter that has expired
- Make a list of things you love about someone and send it to them
- Offer to organize a coffee meet up with friends
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Offer to massage your spouse’s neck and back
- Write a letter to our military overseas
- Offer the beggar on the corner a hot meal
- Coach someone in something for free
- Leave a cute gift or nice note on a co-workers desk
- Bring a big box of craft supplies to your next children’s play date
- Give away gently used clothes and toys to those in need
- Offer to donate small gifts during the holidays
- Offer drinks to those working on your home
- Invite the family over for dinner
- Call people you haven’t talked to in a while
- Recommend a new business to your friends
- Spread happy news on social media
Have an amazing day and step out and spread some joy!