*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post may contain affiliate links.
Saying I love you or I care about you to your partner is important.
It should be said all year round not just on the holidays or on a certain day in February. Not that I am against holiday love and hugs. Show your love all year round.
What I am against is $70 bouquets of flowers and over priced meals. You can show your love without going over budget and you can do it frugally. Flowers are great but the mark up during the holidays is crazy.
Show your love in little ways.
It is the little things that count. The unexpected moments or gifts. The pat on the back for a job well done. A thank you for a great meal or help given. It is the quiet moments you get to yourself while your partner watches the children. It is the coffee made while you are rushing out the door. It is coming home to a clean house and dinner on the table. Love can be shown in so many ways.
It could be romantic notes left in briefcases or cuddling on the couch. How do you show your partner you love them? Below you will find 52 frugal ways to say I love you all year round. Try one or try them all. Make your year full of love.
52 Frugal Ways To Say I Love You All Year Round:
- Go for a walk together
- Sneak away and have lunch together
- Pack a picnic and have a romantic dinner by the lake
- Send sweet text messages to each other
- Leave romantic notes in work bags or on the pillow
- Leave their favorite snack (one you normally don’t buy) in their lunch
- Pick up dinner and let them opt out of cooking tonight
- Make them breakfast in bed
- Compliment them
- Show affection
- Use your manners and say thank you
- Show loving touch
- Watch the kids so they can have some them time
- Give them a day pass to go out with friends
- Plan a frugal romantic date
- Give them a massage
- Run them a bath
- Make them coffee or breakfast in bed
- Opt to cook a meal if you aren’t the usual cook in the house
- Cuddle on the couch and watch television
- Have coffee and conversation
- Make dinner together
- Help clean up the house
- Help with the children
- Do something you normally wouldn’t do
- Take on one of their tasks
- Let them sleep in
- Pack their lunch
- Make them coffee to go on a work morning
- Buy them flowers or a potted plant
- Agree to try something new together
- Buy them or make them their favorite meal
- Buy them their favorite dessert
- Visit the location of your first date
- Hold hands and kiss in public
- Tell them how handsome or beautiful they are
- Express your feelings in words
- Help them when they falter
- Support them when they need it
- Hold their hands through the rough time
- Make plans for the future
- Remember conversations and information
- Surprise them
- Work on your budget as a couple
- Try something the other likes and enjoy the experience
- Spend a whole day together and enjoy
- Remember the important dates
- Do something you use to do together
- Lock the door and enjoy some cuddle time
- Keep the communication open
- Say I Love You, or something you relate to.
Show your love all year round. Support one another. Smile through the good times, hold hands and unite through the hard times. Say I love you.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity