Are you stuck for super frugal get out of the house family activities?
Look no further. When the budget gets tight the fun doesn’t have to. Below you will find a list of 75 fun frugal family activities that won’t break the budget. Most of these ideas are free.
Free family activities in your community.
Have you looked into fun family activities in your community? Does your community have a festival and events schedule? Does your community have a farmers market or farmer tours? What about the parks and lakes in your area? Or your recreation center, what kind of programs does it offer?
Construction and art.
Arts and crafts are always fun at any age. Construction and building is fun as well. Do you have blocks and other building supplies? Why not have a family building contest? Who can build the coolest tower out of ______! Or have an arts and crafts night, these work great with kids and around the holidays. Adults, if you are into scrap booking or construction why not include the family in on a project. Quality family time.
Enjoy the great outdoors for FREE.
No matter where you live there has to be a beautiful place to go for a walk or a hike or a picnic. Or depending on the season a swim in the lake or skating. The outdoors is full of so many frugal activity options. A family game of football, a hike up the trail, a game of frisbee, lawn bowling, yoga in the park a bike ride around town. One on one basketball or relaxing on the beach or a walk in the garden. Get out and enjoy the fresh air and quality family time.
75 Super frugal budget friendly family activities:
- Walk in the park
- Take a drive
- Listen to local concerts
- Take in a local street festival
- Picnic in the park
- Search for deals at the local flea market
- Checkout the local farmers markets
- Does your town have a farm tour?
- Take in a local coffee shop music night
- Does your town have an open mic night?
- Go to church
- Take a class together
- Tour your own city or a neighboring city
- Go hiking
- Go for a bike ride
- Take the dog for a walk
- Home movie nights
- Create a theme night activity
- Potluck meals with friends
- BBQ party
- Relax on the beach
- Yoga in the park
- Play in the local park
- Play tennis on the community court
- Go exercise at the local community center
- Video game night
- Bowling (kids bowl free events)
- Old fashion music jam session with friends
- Have a tea party
- Home spa night
- Host a poker night
- Go fishing
- Go boating
- Kids eat free restaurants (check your local listings)
- Concerts in the park
- Visit family
- Night markets
- School events
- Visit friends
- Watch your favorite shows together
- Family bingo night
- Family game night
- Community theatre events
- Vintage shopping
- Thrift store shopping
- Garage sale tours (we love to do this)
- Family cooking night (everyone pitches in)
- Community fairs
- Read and rent books or movies from the library
- Checkout free events at the library
- Family game of mini golf
- Try the golfing range
- Watch a local sports team
- Play a family game of football
- One on one basketball
- Lawn bowling
- Get crafting
- Be a tourist in your own city
- Go swimming
- Go skating
- Go camping
- Plan a living room camp out smores included
- Look for free community events
- Museum tours
- Take in an art gallery exhibits
- Coffee in the park and people watch
- Try a new restaurant or cafe together
- Walk through your towns art district or main street
- Break out the chalk and draw on the driveway
- Take in art in the park
- Checkout the zoo
- Go roller skating
- Volunteer as a group
- Enjoy doing what you love as a family
Frugal fun family time can be found you just have to look. Sometimes you have to be inventive. If you live in a community that issues coupons to family activity locations clip them and use them. Save yourself a few dollars and enjoy time together. If you have a sport or hobby you like include your family. Have fun together.
Follow us on Pinterest
Have an amazing day.
Saving & Simplicity