Coffee makes the day go round, it makes it function for some.
Just like your car needs gasoline, a good cup of morning coffee is what this busy Momma needs. I love a good cup of coffee in the morning and one mid afternoon. So I can say I have researched the how to’s and ways to save money on coffee.
You can save money on coffee at home and you can definitely save money on coffee you purchase while out and about.
Tips on saving money on coffee while at home.
- Use an old school drip coffee maker
- If you have a Keurig coffee maker you can save money by using the reusable filter cups and your favorite coffee grounds
- Purchase coffee grounds on sale
- Purchase coffee pods and Keurig supplies on sale or in bulk
- Don’t buy expensive flavored coffee grounds or creams, flavor your coffee naturally with spices like cinnamon or extracts like hazelnut or peppermint
- Keep your coffee in the freezer it will last longer
- Grind your own coffee if you can, double ground fine coffee has a smoother taste than single ground coffee beans
Brewing your coffee at home will always be cheaper than stopping by your favorite coffee shop.
The left overs from your home brew can also add value and save you more money in the long run too.
Did you know:
- You can add used coffee grounds to your garden to promote plant growth
- Used coffee grounds will help deter garden pests
- Adding coffee grounds to your compost will help with your future garden supply
- Used coffee grounds can be added to body scrubs and facial supplies
Sitting on the patio at your local coffee shop sipping your favorite caffeinated beverage does have that ahhh factor.
My favorite activity during the nice sunny days that I get a moment to myself is to sit on the patio at our local coffee shop and enjoy my favorite coffee and read a good book. Those moment come few and far between lately but when they do I enjoy them.
Tips to saving money on coffee while at the local coffee shop.
- Order drip coffee
- Bring your own cup or travel mug, some places will decrease your bill by $0.50
- Don’t order a flavored beverage, use the flavoring on the bar such as honey, cinnamon and sugar these are all free
- Cut down on the extras: 1/2 foam, extra espresso, extra syrup and etc.
- Split your coffee with your partner. Ordering a large specialty coffee and putting it in two cups is cheaper than ordering two small specialty drinks
- Opt for a cheaper or smaller drink than you regularly order
- Ask the barista for a cheaper drink suggestion
- Become a loyalty card member for coffee perks
- Opt for a non-coffee alternative such as tea
Need your afternoon pick me up?
Are you one of those people that the clock strikes three and you need that afternoon coffee pick me up? I am and yes I have been guilty of the three o’clock coffee drive thru. Money saving alternatives to this would be purchasing a french press and coffee supplies and storing them in your desk. Or chocolate covered coffee beans are a great snack. Who can say no to the chocolate and coffee combination.
Saving money on coffee is easier than you think.
Be open to trying new coffee at home and in your local coffee shop. Who knows you may opt for a new drip coffee instead of your usual latté.
Enjoy some of these money saving coffee tips and have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity