*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Have you ever wondered or dreamed of being debt free?
What do you think it would be like? Do you imagine it being less stressful? Do you imagine this big weight to be lifted off your shoulders?
What would be the first thing you would do if you were debt free?
Honestly, I think I would pay it forward. I think the first thing I would do is some form of charity. After all that hard work I think I would want to put some good karma back into the world and do something charitable.
We asked the question “What are the benefits of being debt free?”
And here are the responses we got in no particular order. I really like all of them but I think #3 and #5 are my favorite.
The Benefits of Being Debt Free:
- Being able to go on holiday whenever we want and being able to pay cash for it.
- Being able to be a paying customer at places we only used to window shop.
- You don’t stress about the next payment.
- You go to work because you want to, not because you have to.
- You can now give.
- There is more flexibility in the budget.
- Being able to retire early.
- Being able to stay home and raise your family.
- No more arguing over money.
- Freedom. Freedom to be able to choose.
After reading these over and the many more responses we got. The freedom, the stress relief, the choices that being debt free allows you is inspiring.
We are on the journey to being debt free and I look forward to the day I can make one of these comments. The journey is exactly that a journey not a race. You can learn more about the journey and all the steps you can take to be debt free in The Total Money Makeover. Take the baby steps one at a time. Make your money work for you. Set goals and work hard.
Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else. – Dave Ramsey
Learn how to be debt free:
- 75 Super Frugal Living Tips
- 21 Things We Stopped Buying
- No Spend Weekends
- 7 Steps To Highly Successful Meal Planning
- 10 Tips To Save You Money Each Month
- Girls Weekend 50 No Spend Fun Activities
- Free Budgeting Printable
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity